Charity Challenge is an annual event that takes place every May. This event gives companies for the hospitality industry such as restaurants, bars, clubs, hotels and apartment communities to compete against each other in six co-ed athletic events such as obstacle course, tug-of-war, kayak relay, volleyball, tubing relay and basketball shootout to raise funds for local charities.
This is a great way to form employee unity, team spirit and reduce turnover rates by keeping them loyal to your company. All of your team’s contributions go to the charity of your choice. So, are you up for the CHALLENGE?! Why not??
- Company must be from the Hospitality Industry or an Apartment Complex. Or your company must be a member of a hospitality or apartment association such as, the Apartment Association of Greater Orlando and the Central Florida Hotel and Lodging Association.
- Teams can have as many participants as they wish, as long as they have all registered and signed the insurance waiver.
- Teams must consist of at least three females and three males for each event, except in the tug-of-war which only two females are required.
- Hospitality teams must consist of paid employees of the company.
- Apartment developments must consist of rent-paying residents and/or employees of the complex.
Challenge: Each Team will compete in their division in the following events:
- Basketball Shootout- Shoot from various distances for most points
- Kayak Relay- Three-Two person (1 women 1 men) lap, using best time
- Obstacle Course- Race through series of obstacles, using the best time
- Tubing Relay- Six-person relay, using best overall time
- Tug-of-War Contest- Team with rope marker on their side after 90 second wins
- Volleyball Tournament- Team scoring 11 points and a two-point lead wins
Teams will compete twice in basketball shootout, kayak relay, obstacle course and tubing relay anytime during the competition time period. There will be a set schedule for volleyball and tug-of-war. You will need to follow this schedule STRICTLY! Schedule will be hand-out during our Manager’s Kick-Reception on May 7th. We will follow up with more information and Team Packet.
- $500 tax deductible donation, with at least half going to the charity of your choice until March 31st, after March 31st the donation fee will increase to $550.00
- All participants are required to sign an insurance waiver prior to competing.
- All teams will be asked to donate at least $100 in gift certificates so we can distribute to our valued volunteers.
Are you going to be one of the teams for Charity Challenge 2015? Sign Up Today!!!
These dedicated teams have committed to the CHALLENGE!!!!
2015 REGISTERED TEAMS:
Absolutely Amazing Refinishing, Inc
Affinity Waste Solutions/Real Floors, Matrix Residential
Aloft Orlando Downtown
B and M Management
Blue Green The Fountains Resort
Bonnet Creek – Hilton & Waldorf Astoria
Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.
Buena Vista Palace Resort and Spa
Camden Apartment Homes
Christner’s Prime Steak & Lobster
Dewey’s Indoor Golf & Sports Grill
Double Tree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld
Double Tree by Hilton Orlando Downtown
Embassy Suites Orlando I-Drive/DoubleTree Suites LBV
Epoch Management, Inc.
Florida Citrus Sports
Four Seasons Resort-Walt Disney World Resort
Fun Spot America I
Fun Spot America II
Gators Dockside I
Gators Dockside II
Gators Dockside III
Grand Bohemian Orlando
GreyStar Allstars I
GreyStar Allstars II
Holiday Inn in the Walt Disney World Resort
Hyatt Regency Orlando
Lake Weston Apartments
Loews Hotels I
Loews Hotels II
Longhorn Steakhouse LBV
Meadow Wood Property Company/Maintenance Supply Warehouse/SE Floors
National Personal Training Institute I
National Personal Training Institute II
Nickelodeon Resort Orlando
Old Key West/Saratoga Springs
Omni Orlando Champions Gate Resort
Orlando Sports and Social Club
Orlando World Center Marriott
Picerne Corporate Office
PRG Real Estate Management
Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld
Reunion Resort & Club, Wyndham Grand Resort
Rhythm N Blues
RLH Construction LLC
Rock and Brews WOW
Rosen Hotel and Resorts I
Rosen Hotel and Resorts II
Royal American Management, Inc.
Saddle Up Orlando
Stratford Point Apartments
The Beacham/ The Social
The Collier Companies
The Oasis at Wekiva
Universal Parks & Resorts
Villages on Millenia
Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort
Westgate Resorts I
Westgate Resorts II
Willow Key Apartments
Wyndham Bonnet Creek Activities
Wyndham Bonnet Creek Operations
Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Resort
Wyndham Owner Services
Wyndham Vacation Ownership – Brand Marketing